Combiner box(s) (if required)
50’ DC wire whips for each string
S-5! Clamps (if required)
DC and AC Disconnect(s)
One line electrical diagrams
Inverter and module installation manual
Packages do not include:
Building System and/or Roof System and associated Trims (Available in a separate quote from Whirlwind Building Components or Whirlwind Steel Buildings, Inc.).
Project specific design, detailing or structural engineering.
Labor to install materials.
Laminating/Bonding the solar laminates to the Standing Seam Metal Roof System
• Actual price is subject to final purchase order.
• Building owner/others to verify building possesses enough structural integrity to support the load of the solar materials.
• This proposal does not include rebates, tax credits, tax incentives, etc. that may be available at a particular project location. The owner may submit documentation for various incentives and rebate programs.
- Applying Solar Laminates to the Standing Seam Metal Roof System is available as an additional service and cost if the solar kits are purchased at the same time as a Whirlwind Steel Building and/or Whirlwind Standing Seam Roof System. Whirlwind has the ability and has been trained in the lamination process, in a controlled environment. The building owner/others must assist with determining placement locations.
- There are several cable tray designs available. The size, location of the platform, and other considerations should be considered when selecting a cable tray approach. Once the building owner or project design professional selects the cable tray approach, Whirlwind Solar can provide a quote for the materials Whirlwind supplies and can make material source recommendations for those materials that may be more economical when purchased locally. Please have your project electrician contact us if there are any questions or concerns about the system design or materials being provided.
- We have excluded some electrical materials that can be purchased more economically locally. These materials are typically readily available, locally. Some of these materials (“Off the Electrician’s truck” items) include conduit, copper wiring, grounding materials, clamps, Unistrut, miscellaneous hardware, screws, fasteners, etc. It is fair to say that Whirlwind Solar will be providing the bulk of the solar related equipment, however some of the incidental electrical parts are to be by others. Please have your project electrician contact us if there are any questions or concerns about the system design or materials being provided by Whirlwind Solar.
• Orders will be subject to Whirlwind’s standard Terms and Conditions.
• Purchasers seeking Whirlwind credit are asked to do so in a timely manner before the order is processed.
• It is anticipated that the customer may use Whirlwind Solar’s Standard Design Drawings for permit and installation. Individual State Sealed Engineered Drawings may be an additional fee (if required). Local permit officials sometimes require “project specific” exact wire lengths or other project specific information for permitting requirements. Typically, enhancements (if any are required) are minimal but may need to be addressed by the project certified electrician and/or project electrical engineer or architect. Additional enhancements to the Whirlwind Standard Electrical Drawings have not been addressed in this proposal (because they are unknown). Although enhancements to our drawings are not typically required, it is always a possibility. Therefore, please be advised, additional requirements and associated costs will be addressed on an individual case by case basis.
• It is the responsibility of others to ensure that the building possesses the structural integrity to support the additional load of the solar array. Typically less than 1 pound/SF for solar laminates and 2 to 3 pounds/SF +/- for crystalline solar panels.
• It is the responsibility of others to make sure the roof system is cleaned appropriately before the installation of the solar laminates.
• It is recommended that the building owner and roofing contractor verify with the manufacturer of the roof system that placing the solar laminates on the structure will not void any of the roof system warranties.
• If the application of the Solar Laminates to the Standing Seam Metal Roof System is to be by others. It is recommended that the building owner or others coordinate and make sure the installation is completed in accordance with Solar Laminate installation manual.
• Sales tax will be added at time of order.
• Whirlwind Solar’s standard design drawings are for “Grid Tied” Systems.
• Please verify that this roof platform can accommodate the solar panels and that this design approach is acceptable.
Whirlwind Solar (a Division of Whirlwind Steel Buildings, Inc.)
Fred Reardon, Operations Manager
Phone: 310 748 5428